Thursday, February 2, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal





This is soooooo yummy and warm. Makes you feel so comfy and cozy!




  • 1/2 cup of 1 minute oats
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 cup milk of choice (I use Almond Breeze 40 calories)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 T peanut butter (I use Better N' Peanut Butter from Trader Joe's)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  •  1 or 2 Splenda

  • Cook the oats, salt, water and  milk on the stove top. Meanwhile, smash together the pb and  1/2 the banana. Then add in your vanilla and splenda. In a bowl add oatmeal to the pb/banana mix and stir.  Add remaining chopped banana in and stir.  You can smash the full banana with the pb, but I thought it would be better to have larger chunks of banana in the oatmeal.  =)


    The weight watcher points plus for this oatmeal is 5 pp.
    3 for the oats, 1 for the almond milk and 1 for the peanut butter.

    Enjoy!!!!

    Alicia  

    3 comments:

    1. I would put a 1/2 or full tablespoon of chocolate chips on this thang.. cause that's how I roll...

      ReplyDelete
    2. This made me have a taste for oatmeal, so for dinner I made oatmeal and added 1 smashed banana and some almond butter. It was so yummy, thanks for the idea!

      ReplyDelete