Friday, January 27, 2012

Green Smoothie tiiiimmmmeeeee!


So I have had requests for my green smoothie recipe and I must say I am happy to oblige! I start out with the same basic recipe and add whatever I have available in the pantry. You will be surprised that most people enjoy these drinks, my hubby LOVES it. We are constantly fighting to get to the last serving.


BASIC BASE
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cucumber (peeled)
1 apple (cored and sliced, skin on)
1 BIG handful spinach
1 BIG kale leaf
1 tbsp of Chia seeds (optional)
1 tbsp of Flax (optional)
1 LARGE glass of ice


Additions: I have tried different combinations of all of these and they are DELISH!
Banana, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries, Pineapple


Things to try:
Mango, Papaya, Kiwi, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Cranberries
From what I have seen there are literally 100's of different green smoothies out there. This is one that is Piggy and Kermie approved! Serves 3 LARGE glasses


Enjoy!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try it! def running to the store tonight for this =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! good recipes, can't wait to try this! Angelica told me about it!

    ReplyDelete