Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade LOW fat salsa

Homemade Salsa





I have been a busy beaver these past few days cooking up a storm.
Today I made homemade salsa.
This recipe is VERY easy.
I have been making salsa once a week for the last few months.
At 0  Weight Watcher points plus it is a great snack with some baked chips.
Here is how I make my salsa.
INGREDIENTS
2 Large Spanish onions
2-4 Jalapeno pepper (Depends how hot you like it)
1 large poblano pepper
3-4 Large Tomatoes
2-3 gloves of garlic
Fresh Cilantro
Olive Oil
AND
Adobo seasoning

Chop all the ingredients
 In a large skillet pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the pan over medium heat.
Add all the peppers first, sauté for a few minutes, then add the onion and garlic, sauté for a few more minutes, then add tomatoes, you guessed it sauté for a few more minutes. Every time I add an ingredient to the pan I add some Adobo seasoning just a shake all over the pan.
And last add the cilantro and sauté that for a few more minutes and you are DONE!!!
 And there you go, homemade salsa.
I sometimes add some red, orange or yellow peppers also. They give it a sweet kick. Also, if you like more of any one ingredient you can add extra or less.  It is all up to you.

This pot will last me all week between me and my husband.
We put this salsa on everything, tacos, eggs, pizza, EVERYTHING!!!

You can find the Adobo seasoning at most general grocery stores. I usually get mine at Tony's Finer Foods.
AND let me tell you I put this seasoning on everything!!!
Steaks, Chicken, Pork chops, and Fish, it is a great!!!

I must thank my Mom for all she has taught me, love you mom.

Thanks everyone!
Have a great rest of the weekend!!!
oxoxo
Alicia (AKI)

1 comment: